ONIX DOI Registration Formats
Through its collaboration with mEDRA as a DOI Registration Agency, EDItEUR has developed a collection of DOI registration formats allowing publishers and others to communicate the metadata required by a Registration Agency in order to record the assignment of a DOI. The formats have also been adopted by OPOCE, the Office for Official Publications of the European Communities.
The formats allow a DOI to be assigned at "work" or "manifestation" level to a variety of types of material: whole monographs, chapters or parts of monographs, serials, serial issues, or serial contributions. Other types of material are expected to be added in due course.
The complete collection of formats is covered by a single XML schema, accompanied by separate specifications for each type of material.
The specfications can be viewed or downloaded:
- ONIX DOI Metadata for Monographs (Version 1.1)
- ONIX DOI Metadata for Monograph Chapters (Version 1.1)
- ONIX DOI Metadata for Serial Titles (Version 1.1)
- ONIX DOI Metadata for Serial Issues (Version 1.1)
- ONIX DOI Metadata for Serial Articles (Version 1.1)
The schema can be downloaded as a ZIP file: