Trade Book Supply
Version 1.1 with DESADV1.2
The EDItEUR EDI Implementation Guidelines for Book Trade Distribution cover the use of EDIFACT messaging to handle orders, order responses and other order-related messages, delivery notifications and invoices/credit notes. A summary of changes since Version 1.1 which have not been incorporated into the full documentation (updated February 2010) is available to download.
The full documentation contents, in PDF format, are as follows:
- Structure of an EDIFACT transmission
- Using the Purchase Order for book orders
- Using the Purchase Order Response for order responses and reports
- Using the Purchase Order Change for order cancellations
- Using the Order Status Enquiry for order chasers
- Using the Despatch Advice (Version 1.1) to notify deliveries
- Using the Despatch Advice (Version 1.2) to notify deliveries-see note below
- Using the Invoice for invoices and credit notes
Version 1.2 of the Despatch Advice extends the capabilities of the message so that it is possible to specify the exact contents of the packages making up a despatch, and the barcoded label carried by each package. This enables the message to be used to support an automated "goods received" system in a customer's warehouse. The more limited Version 1.1 is still valid as an EDItEUR implementation; and although Version 1.2 includes (and in no way alters) Version 1.1, the previous documentation is being kept available on the website, since it may be easier to use for those who do not require the added features of 1.2.