Maintenance and support
- ONIX for Books International Steering Committee
- ONIX for Books National Groups
- ONIX for Books Technical Committee
- Implementation Listserv
ONIX for Books standards are maintained by the EDItEUR ONIX Support Team in consultation with ONIX national groups, and under the direction of an international steering committee. Currently, Graham Bell has primary responsibility for the standard, with assistance from EDItEUR consultants David Martin and Francis Cave.
Change requests are reviewed by the Support Team, and are circulated periodically to national groups for consultation. As ONIX for Books has developed, its structures have been increasingly generalised, so that most new requirements can be met by adding code values. In such cases, the elapsed time between the identification of need and the publication of a suitable response can be reasonably short. For changes which can only be met by extensions to the structure of the product record, the need must be balanced against the importance of maintaining stability.
There are three main routes by which users can put forward comments, questions or suggestions for improvements. If you are in one of the countries which has an ONIX for Books national group, you are encouraged to contact that group - see below. Or you can send comment to the ONIX implementation listserv. Or if you prefer, you can email EDItEUR.
Each national ONIX for Books user group is represented on the ONIX for Books International Steering Committee which is chaired by Laurent Dervieu of Electre. The ONIX for Books International Steering Committee meets twice a year at the Frankfurt and London Book Fairs, and occasionally via additional telephone conference calls.
- Minutes of the ONIX for Books ISC meeting 20 April 2010
- Minutes of the ONIX for Books ISC conference call 11 June 2010
- Minutes of the ONIX for Books ISC meeting 6 October 2010
- Minutes of the ONIX for Books ISC meeting 12 April 2011
- Minutes of the ONIX for Books ISC meeting 12 October 2011
- Minutes of the ONIX for Books ISC meeting 17 April 2012
- Minutes of the ONIX for Books ISC meeting 10 October 2012
- Minutes of the ONIX for Books ISC meeting 16 April 2013
- Minutes of the ONIX for Books ISC meeting 9 October 2013
- Minutes of the ONIX for Books ISC meeting 9 April 2014
The terms of reference for the ONIX for Books International Steering Committee are available here.
There are ONIX for Books National Groups in France, Germany, The Netherlands, Italy, Spain, Norway, Finland, Sweden, Belgium, Russia, South Korea, Japan, US, Canada, Australia, China, Egypt and the UK.
The terms of reference for the ONIX for Books National Groups are available here.
National Group contacts
Contact details for other national groups will be included here as soon as we receive approval to link to them from the respective web site and email owners.
The terms of reference for the ONIX for Books Technical Committee are available here.
The ONIX_IMPLEMENT email list is open to all current and prospective users of the ONIX International product information standards. The list acts as the forum for asking questions about the interpretation of ONIX standards, raising any practical problems which need to be addressed in future releases, and participating in discussion aimed at finding the best solutions. Discussion on the list is an important source of input to the continuing development of ONIX standards. Sign up to the listserv here.