The ONIX-PL template expressions which you can view and download from the EDItEUR website are intended both to illustrate what an ONIX-PL expression delivers and, if desired, to serve as a starting point for using the OPLE editing software to create a local variation from a published model license.
Each sample expression has the following elements:
- A short introduction to the expression and the license on which it is based, with either a link to, or a copy of, the license text.
- A copy of the ONIX-PL expression as an XML file which can be viewed online or downloaded for local use, eg. as input to the OPLE editor.
- A copy of an HTML ‘summary view’ of the expression, for viewing online. The ‘summary view’ is an output option in the OPLE software, which produces a concise and easily readable view of the expression, with the ability to click through and display the original license wording on which each section of the expression is based.
- A copy of an HTML ‘full view’ of the expression, for viewing online. The ‘full view’ is another output option in the OPLE software, and provides a navigable HTML representation of the complete expression, including the full text of the license.
- A longer description of the sample expression, with notes on particular points which it illustrates, cross-referenced to the full or summary view as appropriate. This can either be viewed online or downloaded in PDF format.
Follow the links below to check out currently available examples: